Crete Township Road District Services & Duties
Tony Recupito – Highway Commissioner
Tim Miller – Administrative Assistant/Project Mgr.
Highway & Entrance Permits
If you are planning to build a new home in the unincorporated area of the Township, an entrance/culvert permit is required. Please contact the Township Office at 708-672-8279 to receive an application.
FOR RESIDENTS IN THE UNINCORPORATED AREAS OF THE TOWNSHIP
BRANCH PICK-UP GUIDELINES
Branch pick up is finished for the year. Pick up dates for 2021 will be posted in the spring.
- This service is for the sole use of residents in the unincorporated areas for minor pruning and maintenance, ( cutting a tree down is not considered trimming or pruning), and is not intended to be used by contractors/and or residents cleaning lots for new construction, more open space, complete landscape removal or tree removal.
- If a landscaper or tree company is doing the cutting, it is their responsibility to discard any branches.
- Place cut ends facing the street in several small piles rather than one large one.
- Branches should be no larger than 6inch diameter and free of root balls, stumps, dirt, stone, metal and construction material.
- This service is for pruning and general maintenance. COMPLETE TREES WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- We allow a maximum of 10 minutes at each location.
- Branches only. No logs, leaves, stumps or yard waste.
- Please call 672-7732 and leave us your address and we will pick them up on the first Monday of the month.
If you need this service, please call 672-7732 and leave your address on the voicemail the weekend before the Monday pick up day.
Burning of branches that are generated on your property is permitted in the unincorporated areas of the Township. To eliminate the possibility of false alarms, please call your Fire District to notify them of your burn date. Crete Township Fire Protection District 708-672-7111 or Steger Estates Fire Protection District 708-748-4816
2″ Snowfall Ordinance
There is no parking on the Township streets after a 2″ snowfall until the streets have been plowed.
- Roadside Mowing
- Asphalt Patching
- Snow Removal and Salting
- Culvert Replacement
- Ditch Cleaning
- Bridge Maintenance
- Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Roadside Cleanup
- Maintain Traffic Control Devices
- Tree Trimming and removal
- Maintain Fleet of Equipment and Vehicles
- Shoulder Stone Maintenance
- Branch Pick Up